September 11, 2008

Düsseldorf or Berlin?

Now, the question of the day:

Düsseldorf or Berlin?

Oh gosh! How am I going to decide on this?
It's West and East of Germany.

Let's see:

Düsseldorf


Pros
- I have been there, I know what to expect, I know which shop sells the freshest bread, where to run, where to hide, where to cry, etc
- Nearer to Holland so we can visit my European Dad (my dad's best friend who is so caring, he's like our substitute dad in Europe) every month
- My host mother is there, she will bake me more cookies and I will be happy
- Belgium, Luxembourg and France is just a few stations away.

Cons
- Will be boring, same old stuff, same old road, same old winter
- Living cost is higher than Berlin (some say)

Berlin

Pros
- Cheaper than the above
- new place, new life, more exciting adventure, more drama, more stories, more joke, more laughable stuff
- Poland, Czech, etc is like so much nearer compared to the above
- More Doener choices (should I put this under "Cons" as this will add fat to my body)

Cons

- My friends are against Berlin (my coursemates want Düsseldorf so much, they will sacrifice everything just to go there)
- I don't know anything about that place. It's like another Cambodia to me. Very foreign.

Anyway, this is just for 4-6 months duration. Not 2 years. During this period I am required to refresh my german proficiency and pass that very tough exam which is TestDaf, some called it Test Tough.

----------------------------------------

I have to decide. By end of this week, because I will be flying off end of October/ early November and my visa and stuff. Gosh!!! Decisionsssss.....it's so hard to make decisions when you have people with different views everywhere.

I have already packed my luggage but still don't know where to go yet. I really can't decide. I wanted to go to Berlin because I have never been there and I won't be bored as I will have a pet pig there. (Future tense: "will") Hahaha. What is it like to have a pet pig? I have only eaten pork but never touch a real pig before.

And I really miss Düsseldorf aswell, the Hauptbahnhof, the people, the Kaufhof, the food, the University, everything.

How? 2 places, 1 decision. By end of this week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Quite a hard & tough decision!