March 26, 2008

"Weird Company"

Not even a week after I applied for jobs in that job search webbie, I got a phone call this morning...in the middle of my tutorial. So I ran out of the class to pick up that call. I have no idea who's calling but but it's a "Private Number Calling", so I guessed it should be from some companies. My instinct was right. It was from a German company. I can't really recall the name because I applied for 6 companies and I didn't expect to get such quick response from them.

So we talked on the phone for about 20 minutes asking about my qualifications and stuff and some business stuff. First it was weird because that woman mentioned something about "Marketing Executive" but I applied for "Business Consultant Assistant". Then about my knowledge of Germany. And then about me starting work in April. WTF? It's so confusing. She mentioned to me a lot of things like the german products and stuff and that their HQ is in Heidelberg and also something about products and that I have to deal with german people and stuff...My head gone blank for a few seconds. I don't know what to expect and what to do. It was like the bullet train and the next thing I know she wants to interview me after that call. I said I can't because I have classes and that I will only be free tomorrow. So I will have an interview tomorrow. The whole thing was really confusing and weird. Apart of me is very happy but a part of me is not.

As soon as I reached home, I did some research on this company and guess what? They only have 6 employees. OMG!!!

And tomorrow... 3 people will be interviewing me, actually it was supposed to be 4 but the boss flew off to China so left 3. So, if 3 people were to interview me, which means only 3 people are working for that period of time while I m being interview rite? Do I do my maths right? OMG!!!

The person who calls me speaks german, apparently. But she stops halfway because she can't speak german anymore with me. Hahaha... komisch. Then she said her german is worse than mine (if she's a professional, she shouldn't comment on that right?) The whole thing that happened in the span of 20 minutes is like a TV drama. So much information in so little time. 20 minutes to judge 3 years of german language experiance. Phewwwww....OMG!!!

So tomorrow, I will be fully dressed up and race against the time for that interview in the middle of Kuala Lumpur. I have an exam paper at 10am. Imagine how packed my schedule is. I didn't expect anything. It's okay for me if I don't get that job. It was very low-pay with loadsa work as far as I can sense it. I rather work with the "Big Hotel" where my work is only to talk and talk and talk.

And I don't understand, it's a big company supposingly...everything is so not logic.

I have a mixed feeling for this company though. I don't know why. It's so strange. We'll see what happens tomorrow. We shall call this "Weird Company".


(OMG!!!!....I will have to run like a mad dog tomorrow morning till evening. From morning till dawn...Can somebody please buy me Baskin Robbins' ice-cream? I need some comforting food.)

Till then wish me luck....
---------------------------------
Sometimes it's very stressful to speak german in Malaysia. The environment is different, we have 3 languages of our own just like Belgium with their 3 languages. My head is spinning like a washing machine now. I think I have to give up my dreams of speaking 10 different languages fluently. Dooohh.

No comments: