October 30, 2008

Good Ol' Berlin

After days of traveling across continents and seas and mountains and etc etc...we finally arrived in Frankfurt airport.

And yes...with more 40kgs each.

And it took us a lot of energy to drag those up the train, down the train, up the escalator, down the escalator, up the this and that to Berlin.

And the best part is, a lot of people didn't know that we speak and DO understand German, so they started to talk about us in front of us and we pretended that we know nothing and don't understand a thing but our ears are like anthena, waiting for the signals.

"I guessed she's just 22 years old. From which country, I don't know."

"She is rich. Look at her luggage bags, they are all branded."

"I think they are from Malaysia. Look at their luggage tag, there's a K-U-L there."

"They are smart. They know the train system very well. Normally tourists don't know these."

"They come from rich families in Asia. That's why they are here."

Wow...I never had so much fun eaves dropping at what people say. We just laughed at ourselves.

And along the way, we met a lot of nice people, who are nice enough to help us drag two 30kgs up the train and down the train. Somehow, it's just soooo embarrassing to carry so many things.

At the mo, we are living in a guesthouse, sort of an inn, sharing the house with a half german-italian. For 6 Euros, what can we expect? It looks great and it's cozy. And that's more than enough.

My eyes are like big light bulbs now. Although I am lack of sleep and food. I am still very wide awake and I feel like jumping in somewhere. But my friend is snoring at the end of the room. She has been sleeping non-stop everywhere from the plane to this place. Amazing.

And she told me she loves Berlin so much, she wants to settle down here. She don't want to go back to Malaysia.

But I am still feeling normal at the moment. Not as fanatic as her for Berlin. Yesterday we had our very first Doener. And I didn't feel anything special about it. I was eating that with my eyes half closed.

Let's see what I should do today. Repack my luggage again. I m going to bring out all those things that need to be posted. That about 3kgs already. And then my mother's food. She forced me to take all those things here.

And then as usual, explore Berlin like what I did last time and all the time.

And then...well I don't know. Sleeeeeep...

No comments: