April 10, 2008

Men crying episodes

When I see a girl cry, I will laugh. But when I see a guy cry, I will cry too.

It happens so many times before. Let's recall some of those men-crying-episodes that I went through for the past few years.

1) My uncle cried when his father (a.k.a my grandpa) passed away. The moment I saw this, tears came rolling down like waterfall. My heart sores, although I cried before that. My heart sores even more when I feel the love of a son for his beloved father at that moment. (Maybe because I am lack of fatherly love at some point of my life)

2) My ex. After I dumped him. He cried. I saw him cried, somehow I cried too although I resist to show my weakness of crying in front of him. But at the end of the day, I cried in front of him for 5 hours. I don't understand why he need to cry. He should be happy losing me because I am a bitch.

3) My dad weeped when his beloved dog died. I cried. I don't know why. Somehow it touches my heart that my father is a dog-lover which is something I don't know.

4) That homeless oldman in Duesseldorf Hauptbahnhof who was sitting about 2-3 feet in front of me. He was reading a book while drinking some bottled drink from his blue old canvas bag to warm his body. It was winter, the weather was cold and gloomy. I wanted to buy him a bottle of wine to make sure that he can have someting to warm his body. Of course I did not, I am afraid that he will think that I look down on him.

So back to the story, he was reading a book in german. I read some excerpts of it from far, it was a sad german novel. I saw his tears rolling down his cheeks as he flipped through the pages and he felt that book with his thumbs. I think that book has some sentimental value in it. It was an old novel. Tears rolled down again and again. He wiped his tears off with his hands. He wore a torn maroon glove on his right hand. Just imagine, winter with torn gloves. One word: Cold.

It was really a touching situation as I have to go back to Malaysia the very next day. I cried. I cried because I saw him cried. I cried because it was only a few days after Christmas and maybe he doesn't have a family. I can feel the sadness of having to celebrate the festive season alone. I cried because he's old and homeless. I cried because he's white. I have not seen any white men cried before.

And of course I walked away and cried in some secluded place. People must be thinking that I have some mental problem. People who saw me will think,"Ah, this asian girl is crazy. She's crying during the festive season. Poor thing."

5) Elliot Yamin cried during Idol Gives Back. Jeez. Come on. He cried. I cried aswell. Haha. I am such a loser. Take a look at this video.



So, guys, please don't cry in front of me. I will flood a few villages if you do so.

No comments: