June 12, 2008

2 years

Yeah...why am I not sleeping?

I am bored. I am sleepless. I can't sleep.

Just now I had my very first or should I say 2nd official job interview as a uni graduate. I waited 30 minutes inside the waiting room...30 minutes was such a long time until I have no fear at all whatsoever. This interview is like another chit chat session with a stranger because I think I have chatted with enough strangers all my life (in bus-stops, restaurants, toilets, etc) so the fear is no longer there after 30 minutes of waiting.

This company scares me. All of them are super workaholic. When I say workaholic, I really mean "workaholic". Even a workaholic like me (as claimed by those people around me) is not even up to their standard of workaholic-ness. They really work willingly from 9am till 9pm at least. Oh dear! And I was told all of their employees cried before several times. I was like OMG!!! Yeah..tough boss there. All of them are tough and strict in order to succeed.

Why do I always get into these kinda trouble? First I got myself into a course which requires a few times more hardwork than other majors, now nearly a job that requires me to work 10 times as hard as normal people. I am risking myself. Yeah, this is a job that is totally not my major or anything related to me, I think there's no one in my family who even works as one in this profession of consulting. People say consultant make good money, oh yah....if I have to work like a dog like THAT, of course I will get good money.

I am saving up for my masters in Germany. 2 years is all it takes. My my...with that amount of money, I could get a really nice car in Malaysia but I gave up on that coz I felt I need that certificate badly as I am just a normal linguistic student...yeah...the unwanted one. It's just one of my personal achievement that i would like to have with me. My dream since I was young.

Talking about work already scares me. Somehow it made me felt, wahey...I am older and I have more responsibilities to take and also I will be wearing more make-up and heels.

2 years...if they hire me. 2 years...Life is beautiful....so ironic eh?

No comments: