March 10, 2007

Luck...what's that?

I don't know why it's always like that, or how it became like that. I m always the one with extra-ordinary encounter in my life, always the one with special conflict or special offer. It doesn't matter if it's a formal thing or nothing meaningful at all. Always the one with loadsa problem with people when I don't find fault with people, always the one with loadsa problems when I just keep quiet and doing particularly nothing at all. Maybe I should join some reality TV show or something like that so that the producers don't have to think of what's gonna make the show juicier becoz my life is juicier enough to make the ratings go high, probably better than Heroes or Desperate Housewives for the time being.

Why do I say that? Let's see what had happened over the past few "busy" days. Those days when I m too too busy to blog about it.

1) Learn to say "NO"
Remember I told you guys about the competition, the one to be held in May, so I submitted everything I need to submit, make sure everything is submitted. And then out of no where I got this offer from the person in charge of the competition a.k.a. the sponsor. That's to help him with some events and he will pay me some commision for it. I m not willing to do that at first because it involves a lot of work and I can't really do it (since my assignments are piling up becoz it's the end of the semester already). But becoz I m someone who's hard to say NO, I don't know since when I got this sickness of being not able to say NO, so now I m involved. Damn it. The commision is so so so damn little. Just enough for me to survive for a day. and I don't know why I agreed to do it.

2) Always be the first to present your presentation
I m always the first one to present my presentation in any subjects but then this time I was given a chance to "sit back and relax" first since I've never been the last to present. I though it would be fun to sit back and poke fun at people like what others did to me since the the first day. I was enjoying and laughing like what others did to me. It feels so different. Much more exciting and fun. But then karma comes back to me.

I thought it would be just another normal presentation. Because the girl before me did it like normal, and becoz this is a normal class. Of course I didn't expect anyone special to be the guest of this normal boring presentation.
So...and then...it's my turn to present. It's only 5 seconds since I pressed the F5 button. Jeng...jeng...jeng [sound effect]...someone knocked on the door, heads turned...it was the Head of Department and also a very special guest (some linguist/professor) from University of Regensburg. I was like WTF?? WTF??? WHAT??? Why me? After 5 people, and now it's my turn and why is that? Luck...so lucky.

The rest is history. I don't know how I did it, how I speak, how I present. Did I tell you it was in german language? Phew...luckily it's over. It's like a nightmare to me.

3) Choose a nice place to talk on the phone
My friend called me when I was at the gym. She was in some kinda dillema. I hope she's better now. (Shell:I don't mean to laugh when you tell me those sad things. But I couldn't help it because someone just strip naked in front of me withhout me realising it. NAKED...!!! And somebody happily change in front of me. I forgot I was at the gym. I thought I was in somewhere very very public. So sorry.)

4) Just admit that I m not Chinese no matter what
It's just so hard to explain to people that I m pure Chinese no matter how hard I tried. So now, no matter what I will go with the flow and agree with the people that I m not Chinese. Fine. They are happier to say that I m not Chinese. So I will make their life happier. Today someone just said that I m a Baba (mixed parentage of Malay and Chinese in Malacca). A few years back someone said that I looked like a Vietnamese, Iban, Burmese, Thai. And when I open my mouth, it's gonna be any race anywhere in the world but not Chinese.

5) Ignorance is bliss
I will have to ignore everything bad happening in front of me. Just ignore. Hard to explain but better to ignore.

Any reality tv producers???

1 comment:

Cheesy Chica said...

your friend said
"dont worry dude, at least I laughed when i heard you say papaya size"

lols

thanks for the time
cheers
J