July 16, 2006

People with not that GREAT attitude

Can't sleep. My blood is boilling at 5000 degrees Celsius. Come, let's do some gossiping. It's good to gossip once in a while. As I have not done that in ages.

I was chatting with a friend on MSN. A very long lost friend. Let's call her *ProudFriend. Okay, I knew her when I was 13, since then she's already someone with her proud-of-herself mentality, every single thing that came out of her mouth would be either a very luxurious item or a very you-will-envy-me product or holiday or wat so ever. And the good thing is she will only come to you when she had no friends around her. So me being on her list of friends, the one she will list down to the bottom part of the list because I m not a branded-whore then, I don't know who's Salvatore, I don't give a damn about Stella McCartney and don't know who the hell Kevin Richardson is.

Then years gone by, everyone with their dreams and pursuing their tertiary education in different places. So, you know, someone "branded" like her would of course choose to study in a prestigeous place rather than in Malaysia which is like "low-class" to her.

Then came one day (which was today, a few minutes back) when she's bored and got nothing better to do, so she came to me, a friend whom she will oni chat when she's really bored, like her last resort after nearly 2 years. Damn touching.

She made me feel really small. She started to talk about her experiance studying in that particular high class country, her high-class holidays, her high-class boyfriend, her high-class this and that. Whoah...did she ever consider other people's feelings? Like me, the poor me who only can afford someting out of my own hands and I don't have such luck to have such parents who will let me sprang their cash like mad? And that I m studying in a local university where the money came from taxpayers like your parents and mine and that I still have to fork out some?

Then later I ask her to visit Harrods to shop she said she got no money. Then after a few seconds she started to tell me about her luxurious experiance in this and that country. And she's asking me if I were to go anywhere after my degree or just stay in Malaysia...how sarcastic, maybe you can't felt the sarcasm but I do felt it and it's painful like hell. She started to tell me about how the education system in Malaysia like so-low...(of course I know, you pay peanuts u get monkeys)...bla bla bla and so on. Suddenly I felt so motivated to study hard and pass my ZD and then my degree and then my ZMP and then to Deustchland I come!!!

How inconsiderate of her of saying that she doesnt miss home when her mom works so hard to support her there. Man, what have become of me. Altho I don't miss home probably I m still in KL but then when I was sent to some places, I still miss home no matter what.

Anyhow, this made me feel stronger to go on with my pathetic life. Kudos to people like this who will burn my enthusiasm to go on and fight till the end! Fight! My dear ProudFriend, did you see the black sling bag in that Gucci shop when u were in London? That's gonna be mine. I m gonna get that when I have the time to drop by any Gucci shop. Owh and also the Giuseppe I've been longing for, and the best part is I dont rely on my parents for that.

4 comments:

monkticon said...

I had this kinda friends before...
indeed it's good sometimes when u have this kinda friends to burn your enthusiasm...u will go for it even more to prove u're much better and prouder to afford things u bought on ur own....

Cheesy Chica said...

Aih....this only makes me sum up that rich kids act like bitches..Her sis is gonna be like her someday..I hope its not gonna be worse!! Cool my friend..eh, I want gucci too..haha

Cheers,
Your BF('_')
LJ

Piffles said...

not all rich people are like that. =) anyway, don't say that your life is pathetic, it's not! =)

Obelisk Dee said...

Thanks everyone, I did feel better now, at least for now my enthusiasm is burning bigger and more powderful than before. Muahahahaha...