November 09, 2007

Let's learn Geography

Let's start with the globe. This is the globe. Our lovely planet. We all knew that.
The red line shows the distance between Malaysia and Germany. Which means I will be flying across the globe, half of earth. Woahhhhh. But before that I will transit in Dubai first. So a quarter and then half of the globe before I reach Germany. I've never been so far away from home for so long (for more than a month).


Thanks to Google Earth. I love Google Earth. Muakkkks!!!

And this is Germany. It lies in the heart of Europe. Yeah, we all knew that...I know, but some kids don't know.


My Destination: Duesseldorf


The city. That long brown colour thing on the left is the Rhine River. You know that river in Grimm's Fairytale? Yeah, that's the river.


The first yellow pin that you see is my hotel for the first few days, very strategic, lies in the heart of the city and best of all they provide FREE WIFI in their rooms...you know I can't live without internet... and that's the University that I will attend for about a month.


I know I will have trouble with the map and stuff. Me and my friends got lost in Cambodia before. I hope I can read maps this time. Oh wait, there's a saying women can't read maps rite? I will prove you wrong. *hopefully*


My host family is somewhere there. I've been searching for hours for my hosts' place but I couldn't find it.


And till now I m still searching for that....it's so damn big. Arghhh....

No comments: