July 31, 2007

We're young people, we always ruin ourselves

Yeap...bear that sentence in mind. It seems like there's a trend with the people around me (my classmates). We have a die-hard motto. We're are not supposed to have enough food and sleep in order to get what we want in life. Let's look at our kind of lifestyle:

Classmate A
- Been working as a Liquor Sales Executive in clubs for the past 2 years. Only sleeps like 3-4 hours a day and then survived all the university's papers and assignments.
- Goes to work at 9pm and came back around 3am to 4am. Class usually starts at 8am. Go figure it out.
- My falling-asleep-partner-in-crime. If I rank the first in class with yawns, she's in the second place.
- She's lack of time to eat and sleep properly she has gastric and imbalance hormone.

Results: Getting a car soon. Not dependant on parents for money, she even pays for her sister's needs.

Classmate B
- Been working hard ever since this semester started. She gives tuition, working with a MLM company, helping me with some Chinese news thingy, she is also an active member with the Tzu-Chi Association (the very famous charity association from Taiwan).
- Always lacked of sleep and ranked number 3 for yawning in class. Blurness is a plus-point.
- Been battling with weight-gain like me. Having abnormal lifestyle of sleeping.

Results: Bought a car. Paying for her family needs, paying for herself in everything. Doesn't depend on anyone.

Me
- Been working and studying at the same time for nearly 5 years now. So it's a norm for me to balance everything.
- Favourite target of the lecturers to carry out projects and events because I m the most active student in class.
- Yawning and sleeping in class is a MUST. Been battling with weight-gain ever since I stepped into uni. Now at the stage of losing weight (lack of interest to eat) and doesn't eat on time. Also having imbalance hormone.
- Becoming anti-social due to the problematic people around me. Or problematic me around the people?

Results: Being able to travel around (100% on my own). Established good connection with my boss (despite being the middle person in the "Fight of the Mistresses") because I m a workaholic and gives suprising results. Being able to own things I never thought I would ever have since young (because I was brought up by stingy parents) and that really makes me appreciate things more.

Well, there's only 6 people in my class. Other 3 were the luckier 3. One is a guy who doesn't have to work or do anything in life to get anything he wants. He is the youngest baby in the family. Another one is also the youngest in the family. Doesn't have to worry much as she enjoys life the best. But when it comes to assignments and homework, she can be awake for 2 days just to finish them. Doesn't eat accordingly. And lastly, a girl, she doesn't have to work but she's the most hardworking person in class, always passing up her homework and would never miss any given work. One "bad trait" though, she MUST have enough sleep, if not she will die (according to her).

We have different goals in life. And we work really hard to achieve that. The question is...When are we going to suceed? When can we really sit back, relax and enjoy? Does working hard and having insanely-routined-lifestyle gives us satisfaction? What would it be like if everything is as free as air? Life would be so blunt and colourless. But it hurts mentally to be in such position everytime I think about it. Still life goes on...

No comments: