July 23, 2007

STUPID UNIVERSITY OF MALAYA'S LIBRARIAN!!!

Says who my university is the best in the country? My FOOT!!!
Says who my university offers the best of everything in the country? My ASS!!!
Says who my university has the best staff? My Dog's ASS!!!

In fact, they have the stupiest librarian in the whole wide world. In fact in my faculty, people....it's the FACULTY OF LANGUAGE AND LINGUISTICS IN UNIVERSITY OF MALAYA. FUCK THEM OFF!!!

And there's this stupid librarian there who's always giving problems and best of all he's the biggest and fattest liar and the most racist people I've ever seen in Malaysia. Okay, so what if I m chinese? So what if I m not Malay? We're in a multi-rational country isn't it? Where's the Malaysia Boleh spirit? To me it's "Malaysia NO-leh". We have to be racist towards racist people in Malaysia. For nearly 22 years living in this country, I've never been so racist towards anyone. But this case it's exceptional.

Okay here's the story:

As usual, whenever my friends (anyone of them) who wanted to return a borrowed book from the library, he/she will asked us if we wanted it (as a matter of fact, it's courtesy) so that it will be easier for us to skip the fuss of looking for that particular book. We share what we read and we share nearly every single book we borrowed. And if anyone of us wanted to re-borrow it again, we'll pass our student card to the "friend with the book" to renew it. Also to skip the fuss and make things easier. And we have been doing that ever since I step in this uni. Ever since my first year. Now I m in my 3rd year. Means that I m aware of every single rules here.

So there goes, my friend, Y just finished her Peter Bichsel book and I found it pretty interesting and I gave her my student card while munching my food ( I was multi-tasking as usual, having breakfast while having some small discussion after lining up to buy food at the canteen nearby that stupid library) because I have very limited time to eat as there's a class at 10.

After about 3 minutes or so, she returned with an empty hand. She said, she couldn't get through that "man". I said," Okay" because I know that "man" is one troublemaker and he's one of the stupidest people that had mistakenly landed on planet earth.

So there I go, face-to-face with him with food still in my mouth.

STUPID: Who's card is this?
me: Mine.
STUPID: Whay can't you come and borrow it yourself?
me: I was eating. Busy lining up for canteen and stuff. (giving a big smile and thinking why this issue never came up ever since the first time I step in here)
STUPID: Can't you see what is this? (Showing me the back of my student card)
me: Yeah, my card with my name. (smile again)
STUPID: Read!
me: Bla...bla..bla...(reading)
STUPID: So what it said?
me: That I can't lend it or give it to other people? And what's the problem? I didn't lend it to anyone?
STUPID: But why is your card with other people?
me: No, it's not, I didn't. I didn't GIVE it to anyone. I wanted to borrow that book. No one took my card. This card is my card, that card is hers. The card is here and this book is the one I wanted. So can I borrow it now? If not, it's okay. So can I borrow it now?
STUPID: *Looks anguish* What do you think will happen if I suspend your card for a semester? You know have broken the law by not.......*showing me a book*...bla bla bla....rule number....bla bla bla...okay, read what is this studen't fault!
me: He or she has broken rule number 3. And that doesn't apply to me. And I don't think I m guilty because I didn't GIVE or LEND it to anyone. GIVE means I give the card to somebody but I didn't. Or LEND it to anyone. I use this for myself. (I understand malay language for god's sake, the law's in malay am I that stupid?)
STUPID: Okay, I will suspend your card until futhur notice! Bla bla bla.......(shouting)
me: Okay then, up to you. And thank you for suspending my card. (flashing a smile)
*Left the library*

I got emo, because I kept flashing my very "expensive" smiles to him. On normal occasions, I already blasted him with unpleasant words and etc. But I keep my cool. I even smiled at him. That's why I suffer. My friends keep on asking me what happen and then I can't control my feelings and then I cried. I don't know why my tears keep on rolling out non-syop when I know it's a small matter. No one ever shouted at me like that. No one except for my parents of course. They are my parents, of course they deserved to shout at me. I only limt a few people who can shout at me. But this bastard is out of the compound, out of the world to shout at me like that.

In class I cried like mad dog. I got emo because I was treated so well the day before by my uncles and today I have to go through hell. I tried to keep my eyes dry and tried to keep cool. But failed to no avail.
As soon as my lecturer entered the class, she saw me wiping my eyes. Because normally I will greet her and give her my biggest smile (showing that I m not sleeping in class) and will answer all her questions actively. The my friend explained to her what happened. She got very furious and she said that can't be happening and asked me to follow her to the library.

At the library
Lecturer: Hi, can you do me a favour? Can you give her her student card back because it's really imporant for my student.
STUPID: *Rudely* So it's important for you or for her?
Lecturer: *trying to reply him*
STUPID: Wait wait, let me talk to her first. (showing a stop hand sign and looking at me)
me: Yea? So how do I get my student card back? (bravely because I've gone stronger with my very-fierce lecturer with me)
STUPID: bla...bla....bla...bla....that card....you have to see my boss for it...bla
me: Why didnt you tell me just now? You didnt give me a warning and you took my card away, is that a proper way?
STUPID: No, it's like this, I've spoken to my boss about it, now she decided to give you only the first warning. And that's it, you can have your card back.
me: Do I have to sign or give any letters for that warning? Or need to see anyone for that?(sarcastically)
STUPID: No...no...you can have your card back, if you're not happy with my work you can complain to this number #$%^&* and this person #^&* (repeated that 3 times)
me: No...you're a good librarian and I THANK YOU FOR BEING A VERY GOOD LIBRARIAN (everyone in the library looked at me)....

and then I slammed the door......

I left my lecturer with him and I think she said something to him which I m not bothered to know. Damn sad. Racists people....aihhhhhhhhhh

On the other hand, I just got a call and my team will be joining a Inter-Varsity Internship Challenge. That makes me happy somehow.

1 comment:

Cheesy Chica said...

WHO DARES TO SCOLD MY BUDDY HERE..IM SO FUCKING PISSED OFF!!! I WISH TO GO THERE WITH U AND WE CAN BLAST HIM OFF TOGETHER FOR FUN LIKE THE USUAL STUFF WE DO!!! GO TAKE HIS PIC AND I'LL PRINT OUT AND CUCUK HIS FACE TILL HE FEELS THE PAIN!! MUAHAHAHA... YEAH, HOPE YUR FRIENDS' COMPLAINT LETTERS CAN KICK THE HECK OUT OF HIM FROM UM'S COMPOUND!

Congrats on yur internship challenge, and as usual, them dont care about UMS because its too far for the likes of KL-ites...boo hoo