March 09, 2006

International Summer Program of the Uni of Vienna

Yeah, that's right, on the bright side, I've just got myself an application form for a International Summer Program in Austria, University of Vienna to be exact. But I m still not sure if I can go due to several reasons.
It costs 2600 Euros to join. U have to buy ur own air tickets to reach either Austria or Germany and there'll be some shuttle bus to pick u up. And if I had the chance to go, I might have to stop one whole semester, sacrificing one whole semester but that's not the main problem. The main problem would be the deposit...it's 300 Euros for God's sake and it's not cheap when u can't confirm to get a place there. They only accept 100 student from all around the world. And I don't think I'm that lucky to get a place there. The duration of the program is around 1 month. So Should I go? Arghh...I hate making decisions sometimes. People around me said the experiance is worth more than anything. Yeah I know but still it's hard to swallow the fact that I had to pay 300Euros for a non refundable deposit money. Ahem....


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You might want to have a look here. http://web.uni-bamberg.de/zuv/auslandsamt/143.htm I don't know how much they charge for that program, and it is probably less specatacular than Vienna.. But as far as I know it's a great experience, too. You might also want to ask Sabine (http://bee-to-bee.blogspot.com) about it. As far as I recall she did some of the taking care of the international students last year.

Best Regards,

Jürgen