December 01, 2007

Raclette Night











We had Raclette for dinner today. Raclette is like hotpot, just that it's the western hotpot with Raclette cheese. And that's another reason why I will not have the chance to become thin. I had a big belly now. I felt as if I m 4 months pregnant. Owh...bad bad.

And after dinner, we had ice-cream for dessert. 2 bowls of ice-cream. Damn. Super bad.

And this Sunday I will be making some hotpot for them.

Since I arrived, I've yet to discover that the ability to cook is very important especially when you're a girl. Sexist statement but that's what the people think. Everyone here was suprised with the fact that I can't cook. Well, I explained to them...

In Malaysia:
- the prices of food in Malaysia is very cheap, we can afford to eat in restaurant nearly everyday and sometimes everyday
- I don't cook at home as my maid is the cook and when I m with my grandma, she will cook for me as she don't trust my cooking and also I don't have the time to cook
- I DO bake but I don't cook

So, all of them suggested that I should take up cooking classes and also the best way is to marry someone who can cook for me. Wahahaha. Funny.

Cooking is important I know. I m learning. Please give me some time. Jeez...I felt pressured to cook. I always offer to clean the dishes but they want me to cook because they wanted to try Malaysian food. Damn. How to cook Malaysian food? They taught me tonnes of german recipes. Malaysian food is complicated, we need spices and chillies and stuff and I don't know how to cook them at all. Yeah, I am such a loser in this.

P/S: Jeunie: send me some Malaysian food ok?

No comments: