December 19, 2007

Babels

Yesterday I was in Kaufhof. I bought a pair of Baby Phat sneakers with some bling bling on it.
Today, I meant just now, I was there again. This time I bought a bag. Yaay finally I got myself a bag because I forgot to bring my handbag here. Another good reason to buy presents for myself. Carrying 3 lecture books and a dictionary everyday doesn't do much good to my good 8 months old faithful Nike backpack and back. I have back pain and worse, my shoulder ache is here again.

I am going there again tomorrow to check out the electronic dictionary I've been longing for and also some present for my family back home. This Thursday I will leave for Holland and then down to Belgium. Things about Holland scares me. I m not facinated by the drug addicts' stories, yada yada.

Shopping is a typical asian thing. I can't deny that. If it's not shopping at the shopping complex, it would be shopping for groceries. Like what I always do now. I m still very far away compared to those typical asian females when it comes to shopping.

Time flies like a Maglev train. A few more days would be my 30th day in Germany. Time flies without me realizing. 30th days of being so far away from home makes me a better person when it comes to cooking and house keeping. Believe it or not, I cook nearly everyday, I buy groceries nearly everyday and that explains my extra 3 kilos here. I ate 5 times a day. Morning (My host prepared breakfast), Brunch (I cook something), Lunch (I eat outside), Tea time (Some food from the uni canteen) and Dinner (Most of the time, my host will cook some typical german food or when I m with my friends, they will cook about 5 dishes of food, sometimes I cook and sometimes some take-away from restaurants). Not to mention Christmas Market.

My host asked me: "What do you want for Christmas?" Nothing. Nothing materially. For now, I can't answer that. What will I do if I have a million Euros? Nothing aswell. I want peace. If someone tell me that I m a material girl, I would have slap him/her. I m that idiot who gave away a Louis Vuitton bag (given to me by my grandaunt) to my mother because I don't like it. I m also the idiot who refuse to have a spanking new car and I prefer to drive an old car that belongs to my grandfather because I love him and that car reminds me of him (although I have plan to get a new car of my own). I am also that idiot who refuse to stay with my parents even they have a maid to do every single housework. I am also that idiot who always take the road less travelled. If I really do have that much, I will help the poor anonymously. The kids in Cambodia took my heart away.

When I go back, I will need to (plans for 2008):
- have a new haircut and new hair colour (I m getting more and more vulnerable with long black hair...I have to get rid of the unwanted old man aura)
- lose weight (duhhhhh...like it will happen)- survive for 4 more academic months at the university
- get my baby DSLR (gonna change my area of work to an event-photographer, I can't afford to sacrifice my shoulder pain and my sore eyes anymore)- plan for a holiday (I need a holiday somewhere ot of the country)
- take another german exam (a higher level exam)- hug my dogs- bully my sisters- pay bills, bills and more bills (my phone bill for my malaysian number is gonna be so so so expensive...OMG!)
- train my translation techniques from my lecturer (I will be so stress, pimples will start to grow like mushrooms on my face)
- get a full body check-up (the imbalance hormones)
- apply for more jobs (I forgot where I stop)- ignore whatever shit that will happen to me (ignorance is bliss)
- catch up with my friends

Hmmm...that's for now I think.

By the way, I love N24 Wissen. I don't know why. My friends find it boring. I find it interesting, like the part where they explain about the knives and also the Dresdner Christstollen and not to forget about guns. I m always curious about how things work. No wonder I m always asleep in grammar classes. If ever they have a degree/course for general knowledge, it will be so much more interesting. There's this channel, I forgot what's the name, it's so boring I use it as a "sleeping pill". Watch it for 15 mins, the next thing I know would be my alarm ringing at 8.30 am in the morning.

Looks like I m writting too much. Tomorrow gonna be my last day of class, not a class actually but a day for results. Jeez exam results. Eukkkkkkkkkkksss.

No comments: