October 29, 2007

A trip to the doctor

Doctor: Have a seat here, please. What's your problem?
Me: Actually...I don't know what's my problem... -_-!!!
Doctor: Haha...You don't know what's your problem and you're here? Haha!
Me: Haha. Yeah, because I've never encounter this before. First I had diarrhea and then I started to lose weight although I ate 4 times more than usual and then I felt dizzy, before sleep and when waking up. That's why I don't know what's my problem.
Doctor: Okay...when did this happenned?
Me: I think since my Great Diarrhea a few weeks back. Got it since my visit to Indonesia.
Doctor: Owh...The Great Diarrhea. Haha. Okay...Do you eat healthy food or...wait, you said you got that since the trip to Indonesia, rite? I think it's food poisoning. How long has the dizziness been going on?
Me: A few days back. I think 3 days back. I think I m lack of sleep.
Doctor: Yeah, true, lack of sleep will also cause dizziness.
Me: Yeah...you see the finals is very near, in fact this week. [I didn't tell him I went out nearly every night, so he thinks I m studying till late]
Doctor: *taking blood pressure*Ahhh...finals eh...I see. Your blood pressure is normal. Nothing wrong with that. ...You have to sleep more. How many hours did you sleep normally?
Me: Erm....not sure...I sleep at 4 am and wake up at 9 am. And sometimes I can't even sleep at 4. It's very uncertain.
Doctor: *Shakes head*... Make you go to bed at 10 tonight. You have to sleep normally. About your weight lost, do you get bloated after every meal?
Me: Yeah, very bloated but everything comes out after that. Very fast. I don't think my weight lost is a problem, my dizziness is the thing I m afraid of most. I lost 2 kgs last week.
Doctor: 2 kgs per week is a big problem. Worse than your dizziness. You have a big hidden problem you know. Tell you what, I will give you carbon, you know...charcoal to get rid of the wind and you get this Lacto-5 from the pharmacy okay. You know Lactobasilus?
Me: Heard of it but I can't remember.
Doctor: You know Vitagen? Yakult?
Me: Oh yah...yah. So I have to drink that?
Doctor: I m not sure if they really contain Lactobasilus but you try that for a week first, 2 bottles a day and then if the symptom doesn't dissapear, you get that Lacto-5 from the pharmacy okay. If everything doesn't work, come back here and we'll find a way to solve this okay.
Me: Okay...charcoal and Yakult...okay thanks. [Charcoal!!! You know those black colour thingy that people use to burn? Weird names]

And that costs me RM20. Having fever is much more expensive than an unknown problem anyway. Haha. I m going a bit crazy now. Drank too much Yakult. Not my favourite drink but it's good for the stomach.

Finals is coming and no one volunteered to slap me. Anyway, I turn myself into a good girl already. I started to search for my notes and books. At least that's a good start.

No comments: