October 19, 2007

Camera sick

Well...well:

- 4 people thought I m already in Germany (because of some rumours)

- I bought a camera...yaay!!! A new Nikon P5100 which is much more cheaper than a G9 for RM1340 for a 2Gb SD card, pouch, tripod, 2 customized photo album, 120pcs of photos (applicable when you processed your photos), umbrella, bag...etc etc..and I added RM90 for a 4Gb SD card upgrade. What a steal!

- I didn't buy any DSLR for the time being because I got an offer to become an event photographer for concerts and big events. If they really want me, I would get a high end DSLR instead. I would get a D300 instead of a D80 or any Canon Rebel XT. That's the reason why I got that P5100 in the first place. To replace my old faithful camera while waiting for this job confirmation. And I will be spending more on lenses and photography stuff. Is this a good offer? Btw, it's still the same company, just that I have more work to do. Freelance. Period.

- My friend told me this,"Everybody loves you". He's not the first one who said that to me. My lecturer, grandmother, sisters, aunts, uncles said that before. Why did I felt there's someting wrong with that phrase?

- For nearly 5 months, I m socially impared. I thought I lost my friends, I thought I m already an island in the making but that's not true. I have friends. Yes, I still have them in my pocket, some worried sick about me, some wonder where I had been. Yaay...I m not that anti-social after all. It's just a social setback, you know, like financial setback, I got a social setback due to unavoidable reaons.

- I have to avoid any shops selling cameras and lenses wherever I go. I ended up buying my new camera in a span of 3 hours. 2 and a half hours looking for DSLR because they're out of stock. Damn why is D80 so sellable? Besides their lame excuses like, "out of stock", "don't have lah", "hafta wait 3-5 months lah", "sorry lah". And that half an hour of looking at the specs for Nikon P5100. And I got it. That was fast.

- I have 8 finals' paper. And I still havent start any revision yet.

::
- I think I m getting better in handling workplace conflict. It happens. Broke my heart into pieces several times but I handled it well yesterday. No one got killed.

No comments: