September 08, 2007

Brief Happenings

G: Why are you walking like that?
Me: Ermmm...I m having butt pain -_-!!!
G: HAHAHAHAHAHA...butt pain? That's so funny! I've always heard about headache, stomach pain, etc but never butt pain...

Laugh all you want, but I enjoyed my karate class yesterday. We're given an opponent each and we started to kick, punch, twist for nearly 4 hours of training. It's so much fun punching and kicking people but not the part when I have to become the victim. I think I hurt my butt so badly I can't walk straight after that. I fell down 72 times (6 styles x 12 times of practise) and my knees are all blue-black now. The nicest thing after food. Muahahahaha...

----------------------------------------------

Today is my senior's graduation day. I felt so happy for her after all she's the only surviving senior in my course (yes, one and only). I've mentioned about the toughness of my course before, the craziness and the impossible things that we did. Sometimes I did regret (for not following my parent's decision to study those "traditional courses" like business and stuff) but it's too late. But sometimes I am proud that I didn't follow their decision. It's a very complicated thing for me to explain. I don't want to follow their decision but I find it hard to follow mine. There're times that I felt like giving up as my course as it is unbelievably hard to score, hard to pass, don't even mention about "A". Thank god if you pass the subject and not repeating any. The batch of seniors have to repeat some german paper again and again. And did I mention they're only 3 of them, and yet they couldn't graduate on time. I always thought I m the only one feeling it's tough. But I m wrong.

Being rather curious, I went up to my senior and asked,"So...is studying tougher or working is tougher?"

I was expecting "Working is tougher" as 90% of the people I know would say that.

But no, she said this: "Of course studying is tougher. At work you face conflicts with your colleagues, busy with meetings and stuff that's it. But in uni, we face conflicts with ourselves especially in our department (our own subjects and stuff, crazy lecturers, lack of time, heavy workload, etc). Working life is definately better."

I m glad to hear that.

I m now waiting for my graduation day to come. Hopefully. That's the only thing I wanted now. I don't want any Hermes, Gucci or whatever bags or shoes. I just want to graduate. It's a laborous task to graduate so I would like to invite everyone I know to my convocation next year. Everyone. But not my ex.

No comments: