June 06, 2006

Street Food of Hat Yai

Here are some of the food you can find on the streets of Hat Yai. I only managed to took 4 out of hundreds because my camera's battery life choose to be dead on me when I'm all ready to snap food pics. Sad...sad...

These are my favs!!! It's like a normal pau but it tastes 10000 times better than a ordinary pau. I have to queue up just to get some of these. Came in four tantalising flavour : kaya, meat floss, char siew and hot dog. Wow!!! It sells like hot cakes...er...hot paus

Hmm...I don't dare to try these. They do look delicious but my uncle told me that these will get you to be friends with the toilet bowl. And amazingly, your trip to the bathroom will multiply in an amazing number.

Roasted chestnuts...nothing special. Just like those you will find in Petaling Street.

The difference between Malaysian banana fritters and Thai banana fritters are:
a) Thai fritters are sweeter and the taste is more unique, with a splash of coconut milk feeling.
b) Malaysian banana fritters are chunky and big. Taste normal.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where can I find these hot pau in Hat Yai?

Anonymous said...

am going to Hatyai tmr hope still can find the pau after u post the photo 2 years ago, thought :), I believe it is located at Suphasarnrangsan Road (in front of Golden Crown Hotel) - chongkeong@gmail.com